Summer 2012

2/22/13

Our Trip To Upstate New York, June 2012

Last June we made a trip to Upstate New York.  My father's family is from the area & it is where we spend nearly every summer of my childhood.  Two of my most memorable, wonderful summers were spend up there with my Grandmother & Aunt.  Unfortunately we were traveling to the funeral of my grandfathers cousin but we decided it may be one of the few opportunities for the kids to see "up north."  It was a wonderful time, though made me miss Grammie.

Bright & early, ready to go!

Alex is thrilled when he hears we are stopping for donuts on the way out!

The "camp" where we stayed.  Lots of memories, for many generations, include this home.
Twixtwood, a little cabin behind where we stayed.  My sister & I played there with cousins as little girls.
The view of Split Rock on Lake Champlain

The view from Don & Ronnie's porch,  Lake Champlain with Vermont in the background.

Sarah checks out the "beach" & is desappointed not to find sand.

Jake was just going to "look at the rocks" & ended up falling in the water. 

Well since Jake got wet, Alex had to as well!

Jake is really enjoying the slippery algea on the rocks, ICK!

Well, now that the boys are in the water, Sarah has to go get one of Georgenas old swimsuits & join in.

Jake & Aunt Ronnie search for cool rocks

Grandpa hears about the fun & brings luch down for a picnic at the beach & a dip in the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment